Maribor - Pekre - Limbus - Ruse - Lovrenc na Pohorju
On the Drava right bank, we start from Trg revolucije along Dvorakova, Valvazorjeva and Leningrajska ulica, all the way to Limbuska cesta. The hills of Pekrske gorice are in front of us, and we may already view the settlement of Limbus. On Grajski gric (hill) above Limbus, a castle had stoond as early as 1147. Today, only ruins are visible. The parish St. Jacob's Church was built in the XV century. In the XIX century Limbus became a significant vine producing area, particularly as to the Pekrske gorice vineyard hills, where the well known wine "Pekrcan" is produced. In Pekrske gorice in Vrhov dol to be exact, the Castle Meranovo is located, where Archduke John began planting and cultivating fine sorts of vine, in beginning of the XIX century. In that way, he was very instrumental in the expansion of the vineyard areas in Slovenian Styria.
Passing Limbus, we continue along the Drava Valley towards Ruse. The settlement of Ruse was mentioned for the first time in 1091. With the erecting of Our Lady's Church in 1387, Ruse became a prominent way of the cross final point. In 1532, the settlement was burned down by the Turks. In the XVII and XVIII century, Ruse became well known for its school and theatrical endeavours. Today Ruse is a town with significant employment in the Drava Valley. Since World War I a nitrogen factory has heen located in it. Until the beginning of this century, Ruse was the place, where wood was rafted by timberslides. Afterwards, it was transported by small boats (sajka) in the direction of the Drava flow. We continue by the old road towards Fala. To the right, we may view the settlements on the Drava left bank, amongst which Selnica ob Dravi dominates. At the lower Drava terraces of the left bank the Dobrava woodlands expancd. Ahead we may view Fala, where the Fala Manor is situated on a steep river embankment. An antecedent of the Manor is mentioned in 1245 as being owned by St. Paul's Monastery. In the XVI century, the Manor-Monastery was fortified, with a view to Turkish incursions, while in the XVII century it was reconstructed in the Baroque style. During the last decades, the Manor has been sadly falling into disrepair. In 1918, on the Drava, near Fala, the first among a series of Drava electric power stations was built. Leaving the Fala Manor, we turn towards the small pass of Jodl, from which we turn downwards towards the Radoljna valley. At the crossing over the Radoljna, there is a small village by the name of Puscava, with a Church of Our Lady, dating to the XVII Century, which was the objective of pilgrimages. At the crossing, we turn to the left towards Lovrenc na Pohorju. The settlement was formed at a deposit by the Radoljna, where the river commes from Pohorje to more even land and delivers sand and gravel. Lovrenc is mentioned as early as the XI century. The monks of St. Paul built a modest monastery here and colonised it. In the past, an iron foundry - one of the four upon Pohorje - a leatherdresser's plant and a glass producing plant operated here. Following the metal manufacturing tradition, a hammer and sickle factory has developed. A macadam road takes us from Lovrenc to the tourist recreational centre of Rogla, which is also the point of departure of many Pohorje mountain routes.